Bill No.: HB0036 Drafter: JWL
LSO No.: 06LSO-0209 Effective Date: 7/1/2006
Enrolled Act No.: HEA0013
Chapter No.: 65
Prime Sponsor: Joint Labor, Health and Social Services Interim Committee
Catch Title: Childhood immunizations.
Subject: Department of Health to supply vaccines for children
Summary/Major Elements: This act:
· Creates a new program within the Department of Health to supply vaccine for Wyoming children who are not eligible for the federal Vaccines for Children Program;
· Directs the Department of Health to appoint a vaccine advisory group and to identify covered vaccines by rule and regulation.
· Creates state-funded vaccines for children program.
· Reports required from Department of Health to Joint Labor Committee by October 1, 2006 and October 1, 2007.
· $5 Million appropriation from general fund to Department of Health for the state vaccine program.