Bill No.: HB0008 Drafter: LGC
LSO No.: 09LSO-0046 Effective Date: 7/1/2009
Enrolled Act No.: HEA0050
Chapter No.: 99
Prime Sponsor: Joint Corporations, Elections and Political Subdivisions Interim Committee
Catch Title: Certified public accountants-revisions.
Subject: Revises certified public accountant statutes to provide for interstate mobility.
· The act authorizes the board of certified public accountants to determine if other states' education, examination and experience requirements are substantially equivalent to Wyoming's. If they are the act authorizes the board to allow certified public accountants from those jurisdictions to have practice privileges in Wyoming without requiring them to obtain a Wyoming license if the jurisdiction they hold a license in has similar provisions for portability.
· The act allows the board to set reasonable licensure fees in accordance with W.S. 33-1-201.
· The act authorizes certified public accountant firms to practice without a permit if the firm performs services through an individual with practice privileges.
· The act provides for revocation, suspension and denial of practice privileges consistent with revocation, suspension and denial provisions for licensure.
· The act amends licensure requirements for education, examination and experience to comply with national standards as of 2012. These amendments will allow Wyoming licensed CPAs to have practice privileges in other states with similar statutory provisions for portability.