Bill No.: HB0054 Drafter: JWL
LSO No.: 09LSO-0093 Effective Date: 7/1/2009
Enrolled Act No.: HEA0092
Chapter No.: 156
Prime Sponsor: Joint Labor, Health and Social Services Interim Committee
Catch Title: Workers' compensation amendments.
Subject: Worker's Compensation Act - miscellaneous amendments
Summary/Major Elements: This act:
· Provides that the state fund shall contribute pro rata to attorney fees and costs incurred in producing the fund's subrogation recovery;
· Authorizes elective coverage for corporate officers, limited liability company members, partners and sole proprietors;
· Revises criteria for employer premium credits;
· Increases dependent children's, death, permanent impairment and temporary total disability benefits;
· Provides a cost of living increase for permanent total benefits;
· Extends the maximum period of vocational rehabilitation benefits;
· Extends the age limit for dependent children's benefits while still in post-secondary education;
· Imposes a time limit on the recovery of overpayments by the worker's compensation division;
· Allows for redetermination of claims decisions when an appeal deadline was missed because of an attorney's negligence;
· Authorizes an additional position in the Office of Administrative Hearings.
· Amends major program-the Wyoming Worker's Compensation Act.
· Appropriates $82,500 from the worker's compensation account and $67,500 from the highway fund to Office of Administrative Hrgs.