Bill No.: HB0097 Drafter:
LSO No.: 09LSO-0030 Effective Date: 7/1/2009
Enrolled Act No.: HEA0125
Chapter No.: 191
Prime Sponsor: Joint Agriculture, State and Public Lands and Water Resources Interim Committee
Catch Title: Weights
Subject: Weights and
- Current statutes provide for
specifications, tolerances and other technical requirements for
commercial, law enforcement, data gathering and other weighing and
measuring devices as regulated by the Department of Agriculture.
- This bill:
- Provides for laboratory accreditation
or recognition of physical standards for weights and measures to comply
with federal standards.
- Establishes labeling and dating requirements
for packaged and bulk commodities.
- Provides for verification of field
standards for weights and measures used in Wyoming.
- Provides for training of personnel.
- Establishes fees for testing and
inspections as set by the Department of Agriculture.
- Provides for rulemaking by the
Department of Agriculture regarding inspecting and testing of commercial weights
- Provides exceptions for weighing or
measuring devices used for the oil and gas industry and under the authority
of the Public Service Commission.
- Provides conforming amendments.
- Repeals conflicting provisions.
- Authorizes 1 full-time position.
- Appropriates $145,000 from the general
fund to the Department of Agriculture for this position and the weights
and measures program.
major program – Amends the weights and measures program.