Bill No.: HB0127 Drafter: DKG
LSO No.: 09LSO-0002 Effective Date: 7/1/2009
Enrolled Act No.: HEA0093
Chapter No.: 168
Prime Sponsor: Management Council
Catch Title: Obsolete laws-general revisions.
Subject: General revision of obsolete statutes and corrections of statutes.
· This bill is the first step of a multi-year process to "clean-up" statutes which have been ruled unconstitutional, had sunset dates which have been reached but still appear in the published statutes, contain incorrect citations or are archaic.
· The bill is akin to the revisor's bill but contains changes to statutes which are more than purely technical corrections, as noted above.
· The bill also amends statutes which have been interpreted by courts in a manner which makes certain provisions obsolete, though not necessarily unconstitutional.
· Archaic references repealed or amended by the bill are those which refer to entities (such as justice of the peace, or state commissions or councils) which no longer exist, or offices which have been consolidated.
· The bill amends statutes which were overlooked or not in existence when uniform provisions were adopted which should have included the provision amended by the bill.
· The bill also renumbers water development project statutes to a title 99. This process began a number of years ago and has been applied to water development project statutes since implementation, but those statutes existing before that process were not renumbered until this bill.