Bill No.: HB0134 Drafter: IDS
LSO No.: 09LSO-0425 Effective Date:
Enrolled Act No.: HEA0077
Chapter No.: 132
Prime Sponsor: Select Natural Resource Funding Committee
Catch Title: Natural resource large project funding.
Subject: Wyoming Wildlife and Natural Resource Funding Act
· This act approves 10 new projects for funding under the Wyoming Wildlife and Natural Resource Funding Act.
· All projects with a cumulative total grant from the Wildlife and Natural Resource Act in excess of $200,000.00 must be approved by the Legislature.
· This act serves as approval for 10 new projects.
· The act also amends 4 prior projects to reflect additional monies granted to those projects.
· The act requires that the state of Wyoming be included as a third party beneficiary in any conservation easement entered pursuant to the Wyoming Wildlife and Natural Resources Funding Act. This act requires that the state be given the right to enforce the terms of the conservation easements and recoup the state's prorata share of funds provided for the creation of the easements.
· The new projects approved for funding are:
o Hovendick Easement
o Cottonwood-North Bench Easements
o Sommers-Grindstone Easement
o Duke Place Easement
o Sublette Wildlife Fence Initiative
o Cottonwood/Grass Creek Invasives
o Ring Lake Ranch Easement
o Kendrick Dam Bypass
o Kusel Ranch Easement
o Baggs Deer Crossing