Bill No.: HB0174 Drafter: DRN
LSO No.: 09LSO-0476 Effective Date: 3/15/2009
Enrolled Act No.: HEA0103
Chapter No.: 204
Prime Sponsor: Representative Jaggi
Catch Title: Provisional opportunity Hathaway scholarship.
Subject: Hathaway student scholarship program.
· The current career scholarship applies to post-secondary education leading to a two-year certificate or applied science associate degree at a Wyoming community college, and may upon maintaining specified eligibility requirements, be extended an additional two years at a community college to pursue a certificate or degree.
· The provisional opportunity scholarship replaces the career scholarship and is similar to the career scholarship except the scholarship may be extended two years beyond the initial two years for course work leading not only to an additional certificate or degree at a community college, but also a degree at the University of Wyoming.
· The provisional opportunity scholarship maintains the same initial eligibility requirements (2.50 GPA and 17 ACT or 12 cumulative WORKKEYS score) and continuing eligibility requirements (2.25 GPA) as the career scholarship, and is for the same amount ($800.00 per semester) as the career scholarship.
· The provisional opportunity scholarship is available to eligible students graduating in school year 2008-2009 and to other recipients whose initial year of scholarship eligibility occurred before fall 2009.
· Final action on this bill was not taken at the time this summary was prepared. Should changes be made to the bill upon final passage, an updated summary will be transmitted to all legislators.