Bill No.: HB0294 Drafter: IDS
LSO No.: 09LSO-0274 Effective Date:
Enrolled Act No.: HEA0117
Chapter No.: 167
Prime Sponsor: Representative Simpson
Catch Title: Prescription drug database.
Subject: Controlled substances
The act requires the Wyoming state board of pharmacy to create a pilot project for real-time access to data from the existing controlled substance prescription tracking program. The act also:
· Requires weekly reporting to the controlled substance prescription tracking program by pharmacies.
· Establishes a method for the board to provide technical assistance, training, software or hardware to persons who must participate in the pilot program.
· Provides an appropriation to fund the pilot project.
· Provides authority for the board of pharmacy to immediately promulgate appropriate rules and regulations.
· The pilot program begins July 1, 2010 and ends June 30, 2012. As written in the act, at the conclusion of the pilot program, the program must be implemented on a state-wide basis.
**Final action on this bill was not taken at the time this summary was prepared. Should changes be made to the bill upon final passage, an updated summary will be transmitted to all legislators.